Pages

Friday 20 February 2015

2 Ingredient Healthy Pancakes!!


Hiya. Hope everyone is well this Friday evening!
Since pancake day has passed and I'm pretty sure some of you are still getting a pancake craving. I thought I'd give you a pancake 'recipe' that I've been enjoying for many years now,(if you'd all 2 ingredients a recipe..) ready for your Saturday or Sunday morning breakfast this weekend!



These pancakes are very simple to make. And contain ingredients most people already have in the house. All you need is...

Ingredients:
-2 eggs.
-1 ripe banana. (best with brown speckles on)

I actually usually use 3 ingredients. I add some peanut butter to mine, I just love the combination of peanut butter and banana. If I don't have PB, sometimes I add a dash of cinnamon for extra flavour. But if you don't fancy adding anything else, they taste great with just the 2 ingredients!


How to make.

- First step is blend up the eggs and banana. If you don't have a blender, you can just mash the banana up with a fork (or a potato masher) as well as possible, and add to well whisked eggs. Sometimes warming the banana in the microwave for 30 secs, makes it easier to mash up. If you don't use a blender your mixture will be a little lumpier, but they will still taste the same.

- Next put a frying pan on a high heat, with either a tiny bit of olive oil, a tiny bit of butter or if you can get a hold of it Frylite Olive Oil Spray, this spray is apparently 1 calorie a spray and it works well to prevent sticking. Once the pan is hot pour on the first pancake. It's best to make them quite small so it's easier to flip, cause at times they can be a nightmare when it comes to breaking apart. At this point I usually turn the heat down a little to prevent them burning, as the banana cooks pretty fast.


- Once the pancake is covered in lots of tiny bubbles it means its ready to flip, carefully push the edges of the pancake up all around before putting the spatula underneath to flip. You'll find on some of your pancakes the bottom will be very brown/dark, this doesn't always mean its burnt. Usually it's because the banana browns very fast on the heat. My first pancake on the photo below was a pretty decent colour.


- Pop the pancake to the side (in the oven on a low heat if you want to keep warm). And repeat until all of your batter is gone!

These pancakes like I said, are extremely easy to make. The only downside I find is that making them one by one is a little time consuming. Unless I have a lot of time on my hands, I now enjoy these pancakes in a different way. I make the batter all the same, but instead of making small pancakes - I make one giant pancake. Preheat the grill before hand and once the bottom of the pancake is cooked, instead of flipping. Pop the frying pan under the grill (not the handle! if the handle is plastic.. it will melt.) and just keep an eye on it for few minutes while the top browns off. Pop on a plate - DONE! Making one giant pancake tastes the same but it's just a lot faster if you don't have the time to make tiny ones. I kinda prefer the giant pancake too.

Now your pancakes are ready, serve them with a topping of your choice, more banana, other fruits, dark chocolate chips, maple syrup, honey!

I chose too drizzle mine with maple syrup - mmmmm

You may not find these pancakes are for you. But I love them, if I'm dying for some pancakes while I'm trying to be healthy these never disappoint! If you try them, leave me a comment on how you found them and if they were for you.

Follow me on Blog Lovin' here!!

Nicole 
xo



2 comments:

  1. These sound delicious, especially with the peanut butter, and so easy. Definitely going to have to give them a go
    Beth x
    Mermaid in Disguise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them!! Going to try them with almond butter next time :-)

      Nicole xo

      Delete