Pages

Friday 8 May 2015

Little rose swirl cake. With a sprinkle of .. sprinkles!


Hello people who probably forgot i'd existed from being inactive for so long..

I thought i'd share with you all a quick cake I had made yesterday!



Since moving house half of my cake equipment has been packed away still, and the other half appears to be lost! I've been wanting to make a cake for ages so I just had to make do with what cake equipment I could find.

I went for a simple vanilla sponge with vanilla buttercream. It was pretty rainy and dull yesterday while I was baking so I decided to use light teal blue to brighten my mood up a little! I was originally going to just cover the cake smooth in the butter cream and put fondant daisies over it but I had decided last minute I hadn't done rose swirls in a while. The cake was pretty little so I kind of made little rosettes or mini rose swirls so that I could fit more of them on the cake :-)

I will admit I rushed the cake a little as it was more of a trial cake to see how my buttercream techniques were after all this time not decorating!

I was pleased with the end result and ended up covering the top with sprinkles, just because everyone loves sprinkles... :-)

Luckily making cake doesn't ruin my healthy eating, surprisingly I don't actually like cake that much.

I'd have done a step by step post on how to do this yourself but anyone who decorates cakes will know how messy buttercream can get. I just didn't fancy juggling my camera and piping bag while decorating. 
If one day you'd like to see a tutorial on this cake write me a comment and i'll consider giving it a go!

Nicole.
Follow me on blog lovin' here

xo



1 comment:

  1. Oh my god that looks amazing. Im so bad a t decorating cakes. Just end up making a mess instead :D
    Beth x
    Mermaid in Disguise

    ReplyDelete