Pages

Tuesday 10 February 2015

Birthday Meal At San Carlos Bristol!


If you read my previous post about my birthday celebrations, you'd see I mentioned that I went to eat at San Carlos, in Bristol. 
It's an extremely posh place, some of the meals are pretty pricey too. But I've been out to eat a lot, and it was honestly one of the best place's I'd ever eaten.


Our table was booked for 7pm and when we got there it was already pretty busy. We were placed on a table towards the front of the restaurant, the inside is so fascinating. The walls were all marble with giant mirrors and lots of sphere shaped lights which when reflected off of the mirrors gave the appearance of the restaurant being larger than it was (although it does go back further than you think already, if you see the photos below you can see the an archway at the back, where extra tables were placed). It gave off a very relaxing vibe due to the lighting being lovely and soft.
[Front of the restaurant]
[Back of the restaurant]

Now for the food. They had a larger menu than I had expected, which was ideal as it gives everyone you're with to chose something to their taste. After we had ordered everything they came out and changed our cutlery to suit our food orders, which was very kind.

For the Appetisers. I ordered Mussels in a white wine sauce. It was amazing, I'm serious, one of the best starters I've ever had in my life. They were huge, and cooked perfectly. Weren't skimpy on the portions either, they arrived in a giant brass pot! (photos below). The boyfriend had a starter sized portion of carbonara and my Dad had crab cakes. My Mum appeared to have enjoyed the starter she had as well which was, Scallops wrapped in bacon on a bed of risotto rice. (photo of this below)
[Huge brass pot full of Mussels!]
[Best Mussels I've EVER had]
[My Mums starter of Scallops wrapped in bacon with a risotto rice]

Mains next. Not going to lie, I was a little cheeky and went all out and ordered the Lobster Thermidor.. Very expensive. I mentioned to my parents that I had always wanted to try it, so they insisted I ordered it. It was so delicious, I can't even explain how it tasted, other than that it was amazing.. If anyone doesn't know what it is, it's a whole lobster cut in half to be cooked with a sauce and cheese on top. (Photos below)
My Mum ordered a Sea food and Shellfish pasta, originally came with tomato sauce but she changed it for white sauce. Dad had the main meal portion of Carbonara, the same as Curtis had for starters. Finally, Curtis had a gigantic chicken and spinach Calzone, it was huge. Yet he managed to finish it all, so it must of tasted good too! (Photos below)
We all had a garlic bread pizza to share between us also.
[Lobster Thermidor] 
[Lobster Thermidor]
[Curtis' Calzone]

Lastly, dessert! Me and Curtis had seen on their online menu a few weeks before that they had Creme Brulee. So we had our hearts set on that already. My Mum then also decided on the Creme Brulee. It had dark chocolate chips in the bottom and a raspberry placed on top for decoration. We all finished them, of course!. As for my Dad he isn't a dessert person, so he went for the cheese and biscuits. (Photos Below)
I'm not sure about everyone else but my dessert was what a typical Bristolian would call 'lush'. It was the perfect end to a lovely dinner.
[Creme Brulee]
[Cheese and Biscuits]

Overall, San Carlos was one of the best meals I've had as of yet. Definitely a place to go on special occasions! Thank you to my parents for treating me and Curtis to dinner, especially for letting me order the Lobster to try!!
My birthday was great but this dinner just made it that extra bit special.



Thankyou for reading.

Follow me on blog lovin' here ! :-)

Nicole 
xoxoxox

2 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy, I've never had Lobster! I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award up on my blog, take a look at my most recent post :)

    alicephillipss // A Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    Alice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the best thing EVER!
      Ooooh thankyou. I'll go have a look now xo

      Delete