Pages

Tuesday 10 February 2015

January Favourites


So I've been nosing on other peoples January Favourite posts, and thought it would be fun to make one of my own!
I'll admit it, I'm not a makeup person usually. Never have usually been interested in exploring out of my basic makeup/beauty products. Although since Summer 2014 I've been buying bits here and there, which has made my makeup skills improve from playing around with it. I now actually enjoy wearing lipstick and buying/using beauty products.

Here are my "January Favourites"!

_________________________________________________________________________________



1. Freederm Daily Exfoliating Wash & Freederm Daily Complex.
I've always been complemented on my clear skin, but over 2014 I had been getting pretty bad spots. From someone who had perfect skin to all of a sudden barely going a week without having a new huge spot, I clearly had no idea what to use to get rid of these spots. But I was in the shops after the new year and I'd seen Freederm face products were on offer (2 for £6), which was really decent since one of the items alone was £6. I gave them ago and it actually has helped a lot! 
The exfoliating wash I would use either once or twice a day depending on if I'd worn makeup, it makes my skin feel super clean and oil free. The only problem I had found with it was that it would occasionally make my face a little dry (I expect I over used it). The daily complex face serum is supposed to even out your complexion and is specifically designed for spot prone skin. I picked this one as where I had spots in the same place for so long it had left my face red in places, and it worked wonders!! I was so pleased with these two products over January, as you can see the face wash is now empty..



2. Boi-ing Benefit Concealer
From the look of the concealer in the first photo I think it may become clear that from the empty-ness it wasn't just my January Favourite, it was my year round favourite. I love this so much, have been using it since I can remember.. It's really really great for coverage! A little goes a long way with this as well. I just use my finger to dab the concealer on to the area that I need coverage, easy peasy. Was a life saver last year with my previously mentioned spot nightmare!



3. Sleek Au Naturel (601) Eye Shadow Pallet.
I actually had this for a secret santa present (Thankyouuu whoever you are), but I had used it a lot in Jan. I love brown/natural/smokey/beige eye shadow colours. Probably because I have brown eyes, I find it suits me a lot better than blacks and greys. I usually use this when I pop out for the day in the week, or when I'm working. I feel like I look better with eye shadow on.. so having a few shades I can use everyday is perfect.


[Left - Barry M: 156 / Right - Revlon: Blushing Mauve 460]
4. Barry M 156. 
I love purple, and around the end of December and in January I started wearing this lippy a lot more! It doesn't actually come out as dark as I expected when I had first bought it. But it's still a lovely purple-y pink colour. I wear this if I'm in the mood to wear a dark lippy while I'm out shopping or out for dinner on the weekends mainly. (Swatch below)

5. Revlon Blushing Mauve 460.
If I'm having a quick/natural makeup day, where I dab on a little concealer, use some eye liner and powder, then off I go.. I never usually use lipstick at all on those days. But in Jan I found this in my makeup bag and said to myself "it literally takes NO effort to put on a bit of lippy". So I've used it since, I just find it makes my lips a little more red and gives them some shimmer, while still looking natural. (Swatch below)
[LEFT - Revlon Blushing Mauve. // RIGHT - Barry M 156]


So that's it for my January Favourites.. I've already found some February Favourites that I know will make the cut for next months post, follow me on Blog Lovin' here so you don't miss it!


Nicole 
xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. boi-ing is fantastic concealer indeed!
    following you on bloglovin', hope you'll look for me too. see you around!


    a possible fantasy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! Have been using it for so long :-)
      I followed you back.. thankyou for reading xoxo

      Delete